Thank you for using the Innovation Gateway which includes websites and software that are located at http://innovationgateway.com and related sub domains (“Innovation Gateway Services)”. Collectively the “Innovation Gateway Services” are referred to as “The Services”.
The Innovation Gateway can be used to facilitate the connection between suppliers of innovative buildings solutions, and organisations who are searching for innovations that can be used in their buildings.
By accessing or using The Services, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
If you are using The Services on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent that, in relation to your use of the Service, you have the authority to bind such entity and its affiliates to these Terms and Conditions. In this case the terms “you” or “your” will refer to such entity and its affiliates. If you do not have such authority, you must not accept these terms, and may not use The Services.
By confirming your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, you are entering into an agreement on the use of The Services with Innovation Gateway Ltd. (“we”, “our”, “us”), a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 11539835 and with registered office at 9400 Garsington Road, Oxford Business Park, Oxford, OX4 2HN.
The Innovation Gateway has a number of commercial partners “Partners” who receive access to your innovation submissions and performance data relating to your innovations or solutions. The submission of an innovation or solution using our innovation submission forms creates no contractual involvement between you and the Partners.
The following Terms and Conditions shall govern the relationship between you and us in relation to your use of The Services:
A. General obligations when using the Innovation Gateway
- You must obtain any required permissions from within your organisation, and from any relevant third parties, before you submit information or data to the Innovation Gateway.
- You must ensure that all information, data or other information you submit when registering for or using The Services is true and non-misleading.
- You must not register for or access The Services if you are under 18 years old.
- You must not share your login credentials for The Services with anyone outside your organisation.
- You must provide a valid company email address on registration.
- By completing the registration process, you are providing consent to receive email communications (including newsletters and notifications) that are an intrinsic part of the services provided by Innovation Gateway.
B. Submitting your innovations or solutions
- The Innovation Gateway provides set of forms for the submission of your innovations or solutions. We will keep the information you submit through these forms (your “Submission”) confidential and will only disclose it to our corporate Partners.
- Innovation Gateway and our Partners will not acquire any intellectual property in your innovations or solutions as a result of your Submission.
- By making a Submission, you confirm and represent that you have the necessary intellectual property rights to do so, it has not been copied and it does not infringe someone else’s intellectual property rights.
- When you make a Submission, you authorise and direct us to make such copies thereof as we deem necessary in order to provide the Innovation Gateway Services to you and our Partners.
- You understand and agree that we may delete any of your Submissions at our sole discretion, without informing you. You are solely responsible at your own cost and expense for creating backup copies of any information in your Submissions that you regard as valuable.
- You may use any feedback or suggestions you receive from the Partners as you see fit. However, Innovation Gateway and the Partners will not be acting as advisors to you and will not be responsible to you in relation to any use you may make of such feedback or suggestions. Innovation Gateway and the Partners will not acquire any intellectual property rights in relation to anything you may develop using any such feedback or suggestions. Any such intellectual property rights will be yours, and your responsibility to protect if you so wish.
- You acknowledge that nothing in these terms and conditions shall prevent Innovation Gateway and the Partners from using for their benefit, or for the benefit of any other party, or from disclosing to any other party, any general knowledge or experience which they may have obtained as a result of their involvement in the Innovation Gateway
- If you are unsure whether to submit information on your innovations or solutions via the forms that we provide, you should seek relevant intellectual property advice.
C. General intellectual property considerations
- As you may know, there are 4 main types of intellectual property rights which you may be able to use to protect your innovations or solutions. These are patents, trademarks, design rights and copyright. In summary, patents protect the methods and processes that make things work, trademarks are signs like words or logos that differentiate your goods and services in the marketplace, design rights protect the shape or appearance of a product or logo, and copyright is an automatic right which protects all different kinds of written and recorded materials like software, websites, manuals, drawings and photography.
- Not all of your ideas, innovations or creations will be patentable, or capable of design right protection. If they are, it is important you keep your ideas, innovations or creations confidential and do not share them in the public domain, unless and until they are protected. There are no confidentiality restrictions with trademarks or copyright, but any information you share in the public domain may be copied by others without restriction. It is therefore important you think about the information you share, and that you take relevant advice and steps to protect any intellectual property rights which might exist in your ideas, innovations or creations, before you share them publicly.
- It is your responsibility to decide if and how to protect your innovations and solutions.
- You can get further advice and assistance on intellectual property rights from the UK Intellectual Property Office http://www.ipo.gov.uk/, the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys http://www.cipa.org.uk/, and the Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys http://www.itma.org.uk/.
D. Selection of innovations for pilot and sharing of pilot results
- If your innovation is selected for pilot within the property estate of a Partner, the terms on which the pilot will take place will be discussed and agreed with you by the Partner before a final commitment to a pilot is made.
- If you agree to a pilot of your innovation within the property estate of a Partner, you agree that performance data and other information from the pilot can be shared with other Partners, or prospective Partners, for the purpose of evaluating the suitability of your innovation for application in their property estates.
E. Trademarks, names and copyright
- You may not use the names “Innovation Gateway”, the name or trademark of any Partner without prior written consent from the owner of the name or trademark.
- The copyright and all intellectual property rights in The Services are owned and retained by us. Reproduction in any form of any part of the Service or its contents is prohibited except as required for their normal and proper use. All rights, save as expressly granted, are reserved.
F. Restrictions of use
When using The Services you must not:
- Use any web scraping or web spider software or scripts (you may use a standard Web browser).
- Delete, modify or copy any contents of The Services, unless these actions are necessary for their normal and proper use.
- Perform any actions which may impair the operability of The Services, particularly actions which may overload the web sites or their associated infrastructure.
- Upload, post or otherwise make available any material that contains computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality, or compromise the security of The Services, or the information systems of their users.
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, or your affiliation with any person or entity
G. Suspension or Termination of access to The Services
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to suspend or terminate your access to The Services, without liability and for any reason, including if we believe that you have violated these Terms and Conditions, or if you do not accept and agree to be bound by any modification to these Terms and Conditions.
H. Changes to The Services
- We reserve the right to modify The Services at any time.
I. Exclusion of Liability
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions and in particular within the ‘Exclusion of Liability’ clauses shall attempt to exclude liability that is not permissible to exclude under applicable law, including without limitation, for death or personal injury, or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
- The provisions of this section allocate the risks under these Terms and Conditions between the parties, and you acknowledge that you have relied on these limitations in determining whether to agree to these Terms and Conditions.
- We exclude any warranties, undertakings or representations (either express or implied) to the full extent permitted under applicable law, that any information, you may obtain through The Services are true, accurate, complete, or that they fulfil or serve any particular purpose.
- You understand and agree that in no circumstances will Innovation Gateway or its directors, employees or agents be liable to you or any third person for (a) any indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, consequential or punitive damages, including lost profits, lost sales or business, lost data or business interruption, or (b) for any direct damages, costs, losses or liabilities in excess of one hundred U.S. dollars ($100).
- Access to and use of The Services is at your own risk and we do not warrant that the use of this website or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to any property, or otherwise minimise or eliminate the inherent risks of the internet including but not limited to loss of data, computer virus infection, spyware, malicious software, trojans and worms.
- We may provide links to other websites, service providers or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites, service providers or resources, and that we do not review or endorse and shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, (iii) any information, advice or assistance you may obtain from such websites, or (iv) the use that you or others make of these websites, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
- Events related to maintenance, security or capacity requirements, and/or events beyond our control (e.g. disruptions in public communication infrastructure, power failures, equipment failures etc.), may result in temporary malfunctions of, or interruptions to The Services, for which we will not assume liability.
- If you enter into agreements with other users of The Services or with Partners, we shall not be a contracting party to these agreements. You alone are responsible for the execution and/or fulfilment of agreements into which you enter with these “Third Parties”. We shall not be held liable if you are unable to contact Third Parties through The Services regarding such agreements. Furthermore, we shall not be liable for breaches of duty in relation to agreements you enter into with “Third Parties”.
J. Governing Law / General information
- These Terms and Conditions of use and your use of The Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in connection with all matters relating to these Terms and Conditions, and your use of The Services.
- Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is, for any reason, found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid and/or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law. You agree to the replacement of any invalid and/or unenforceable provision with a valid and/or enforceable provision which most closely approximates the intent and economic effect of the invalid and/or unenforceable provision.
- You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any arising out of or related to your use of The Services must be filed within six months after the event from which such claim arose or be forever invalid.
- The section titles in the Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
- We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. In the event of amendment, we will post the changes to the Terms and Conditions on this page. It is your responsibility to check this page to determine if you are still in agreement with the Terms and Conditions. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you by email, or through other reasonable means. Any such changes will become effective upon the earlier of (a) your use of The Services with actual knowledge of the change, or (b) fifteen (15) days after they are posted. In the event that you do not accept any amendments to the Terms and Conditions, you must cease to use The Services.
- You may submit all notices to us by email using the address email@example.com. Alternatively you may submit notices to our registered office address as detailed at the start of these Terms and Conditions.
- We will send notices to you via email, or at your registered office address, or any address that we are able to obtain for you.